This short course is aimed at individuals in a position of responsibility who will need to identify, manage, and resolve conflict in teams as a part of their role. The course explores several methods of conflict management, and gives guidance on how to approach potential conflict issues.
- The learner will understand how conflict can occur
- The learner will understand the impacts of conflict
- The learner will learn about the different methods of dealing with conflict
- The learner will learn about the personal skills required to reduce the potential for workplace conflict
Advantages of this course:
- Managing conflict in the workplace can be difficult at any level, but particularly hard when you are new to a management role; even more so when you are newly promoted from within a team
- In a variety of work environments such as nurseries, sports centres, offices, and shops, for example, team leaders are often promoted from within a team. As part of that team you are likely to have made friends with others and once promoted, your relationship with these people can, and should, change. This can cause conflict or you may find yourself resolving conflict between two people you consider to be friends. This course will guide you through identifying, managing, and resolving conflict.
- This course looks at sources of conflict, the impact of conflict and how to manage conflict within a team
- Websites and video resources are utilised to explain how to deal with conflict further
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge