In this course, learners will consider both their own Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and the CPD of their team members. They will explore preferred learning styles, learning opportunities, and how to plan and evaluate learning. They will learn how to help others set up a CPD file and how to lead others to develop professionally. They will explore the learning cycle and how full and valid qualifications fit in to this learning process. Learners do not need to be working in a managerial role to complete this course but should be working as a member of a childcare setting team.
- Learner will recognise that good practitioners will always be looking for ways to improve and develop their practice
- Learner will know how to reflect on their professional development needs
- Learner will understand that practitioners who value personal development will have more opportunities for training and development
Advantages of this course:
- The learning experience, and ability to learn, does not end when you leave full-time education. It is a continuous process and can greatly benefit your personal and professional life. This course will explain the importance of finding time to self-evaluate learning and development needs, the ways in which you can reflect on this, and how to identify opportunities at work.
- All practitioners should have a plan for their development and feel motivated to achieve it, a supportive working environment, manager / supervisor, and colleagues will positively contribute to this process. In the presentation section of this course, the concept of planning for learning and development – specifically a personal development plan – is explained in detail.
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
This course is endorsed by Cache.