Learners will look at the self-evaluation model and consider how to evaluate objectively. They will learn how to set targets for their personal development and how to source learning opportunities. They will look at implementing change effectively and how to review their progress. This course also touches on the OfSTED Self Evaluation Form. This course is generally intended for learners working in nursery settings.
- Learners will learn about the ways in which reflective practice can help them
- Learners will learn the skills and attributes needed to reflect on practice and self-evaluate effectively
- Learners will learn that self-evaluation is a continuous process of review and improvement
Advantages of this course:
- Throughout our lives we can often gloss over our short-comings and mistakes, pretending that they never happened. Self-evaluation, literally to evaluate ourselves, is essential so that we can learn and develop our skills, understanding, empathy and practice. Similarly, we may also down-play our skills and not recognise our abilities. Self-evaluation can also help us to identify our strengths and areas of our work that we do well.
- This course introduces reflective practice as a tool for self-evaluation; suggesting the required skills and attitudes for effective self-evaluation
- Self-evaluation is a tool to be used in a continuous process of review and improvement, and is an invaluable skill to learn
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
This course is endorsed by Cache.