This course, aimed at anyone supporting individuals with Asperger syndrome, looks at how having the syndrome will affect the individual. It introduces the learner to the areas that a person with Asperger syndrome might struggle with, and provides resources to help understand how they interact with and interpret the world around them.
- Learner will learn about the ‘triad of impairments’ that cover the three main areas an individual with the syndrome may struggle with
- Learner will understand how Asperger syndrome affects individuals from all nationalities, religions, cultures, and social backgrounds
- Learner will understand the importance of being aware of the different ways that an individual will interact with and interpret the world around them
Advantages of this course:
- This course offers invaluable insight for anyone working with those who have Asperger syndrome. As the syndrome is a hidden disability, and is often slow to be diagnosed, knowing how to it impacts on an individual is invaluable knowledge
- Books and website are utilised to explain some of the challenges facing a person with Asperger syndrome, while videos are linked to explain the syndrome from the point of view of those with the syndrome
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
This course is endorsed by Cache.