- Learner will be knowledgeable about how to interact with the adults they babysit for
- Learner will be knowledgeable about how to care for the children they are responsible for
- Learner will be knowledgeable about what to expect from the children they are responsible for
Advantages of this course:
- Many people employ babysitters, and babysit for young children, without thinking through the role. As a parent leaving children with someone new, the course offers details of the information exchange and expectation sharing that should occur before the babysitting starts.
- For the babysitter, the need for an exchange of information and expectations are explained, and the course provides a starting point for finding out more about child development and care activities
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
This course is endorsed by Cache.