In this course, learners will explore the stages of team development. They will learn about team roles with particular reference to Meredith Belbin’s team role research. They will explore the ways in which a leader can lead a team effectively, how they build the team, and how they learn to let go and delegate. Finally, the course will cover behaviour drivers of team members and how having an understanding of what drives people will enable them to get the best from their team members. Learners do not need to be working in a managerial role to complete this course but should be working as a member of a childcare setting team.
- Learner will learn how teams are developed
- Learner will learn how to delegate effectively
- Learner will learn that driving and motivating team members is very important
Advantages of this course:
- Building a team is an important role in the workplace, and this course offers insight from successful authors like Meredith Belbin and John Adair
- The course looks at the stages involved in building a team, and the different roles that team members can take on in making a team work successfully
- These resources are essential for anyone moving into a team leader or manager role
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
This course is endorsed by Cache.