Click the course name for more information.
- You cannot add "Communication skills" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability
Out of stock
Out of stock
This short course considers the importance of managing the ‘triple bottom line’ of an organisation, and how a manager can develop an effective Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and sustainability strategy. The course outlines the differences between CSR and sustainability, how to engage stakeholders, and the positive impacts of operating as a socially and environmentally responsible company.
- The learner will understand that corporate social responsibility is the action a company takes to assess and take responsibility for their environmental and social impact
- The learner will understand that sustainability in a business context can be defined as sustaining an activity or process over a long period, without significantly damaging the environment or depleting natural resources
- The learner will learn about that both corporate social responsibility and sustainability impact on people, planet, and profit
- The learner will learn that the positive impact of operating as a socially and environmentally responsible company can be seen in performance, image, and public perception
Advantages of this course:
- Developing a corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability strategy demonstrates the commitment of an organisation to ethical practice, and to reducing the impact of their work activities on the environment. Before developing a strategy, an organisation first needs to assess whether their current operations are ethical and whether their behaviour towards the community and environment is positive. An effective strategy should then summarise the actions to be taken towards operating in a responsible manner, and outline measures to address any problems identified by the prior analysis.
- This course looks at the benefits of CSR, ethical decision making, and the effect of CSR initiatives on public perception. It also looks at how stakeholders are affected by CSR and sustainability.
- Training is given through a filmed tutorial, references to websites for reading and good practice video
- There is suggested extra reading to give both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge and an additional activity encourages learners to reflect on the learning