Click the course name for more information.
Equality and Diversity
Out of stock
Out of stock
Equality, diversity and inclusion are not just words. They are also ways of thinking and acting that welcome and celebrate difference. These principles should underpin all aspects of every organisation and every work role.
This short course looks at the key terms of equality, diversity, inclusion, and discrimination, and how they affect everybody. It looks at equality legislation, explains ‘protected characteristics’, and the impact of workplace discrimination.
- Learners will learn what the key words ‘equality’, ‘diversity’, ‘participation’, ‘inclusion’, and ‘discrimination’ mean
- Learners will be introduced to the Equality Act 2010 and the protected characteristics
- Learners will become aware of the benefits of a diverse workplace
Advantages of this course:
- This course offers information to all individuals who have to interact with others in their day-to-day life
- It is important to be aware of the legislation for equality and discrimination
- The course includes an introduction to the Human Rights Act 1998 covering fundamental rights and freedoms
- Website and video resources are utilised to explain the risks further
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge