This short course, aimed at those working in an early years setting or those with young children, looks at how to encourage early literacy. It looks at how literacy and communication skills are central to children’s intellectual, social, and emotional development, and how the world of literacy begins at a very early age.
- The learner will see how important verbal communication is to literacy skills
- The learner will find out more about the key skills needed to assist children to become motivated and independent readers
- The learner will learn how early literacy starts with mark marking and emergent writing, alongside drawing
- The learner will discover how to support reading development
Advantages of this course:
- Literacy is crucial part of intellectual, social and emotional development
- A number of key interventions and activities that can develop a child’s literacy will be suggested to learners
- Websites and video resources are utilised to explore literacy further
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
This course is endorsed by Cache.