This course, aimed at childcare practitioners and others involved in the nutrition of children, looks at the importance of giving young children a good start in life through nutritious food to enable them to grow, develop, and have a healthy life. Learners will be introduced to the components of a healthy diet – including protein, vitamins, and minerals. The importance of giving a portion of food reflecting the size of the child and of being very careful with food allergies and intolerances is also explained. The course also looks at food phobias.
- Learner will be knowledgeable about what makes a healthy diet.
- Learner will understand a well-balanced meal
- Learner will understand the importance of portion control
Advantages of this course:
- It is important that anyone caring for children is knowledgeable about what makes a healthy diet, from the food groups that make up a healthy diet to portion control
- This course includes aspects of nutrition from weaning onwards, introduces proteins, vitamins, and minerals, and looks at the latest legislation on food allergens and the food standards for schools
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
This course is endorsed by Cache.