This short course is aimed at individuals who have a responsibility for reception duties. This course outlines the importance of a receptionist to an organisation, looks at the tasks a receptionist may be asked to complete, and gives guidance on how to perform those tasks effectively.
- The learner will understand more about the role of a receptionist
- The learner will understand the variety of tasks a receptionist has
- The learner will learn about dealing with visitors to an organisation
- The learner will learn about the importance of their personal behaviour and how it impacts on the organisation they work for
Advantages of this course:
- The role of a receptionist is a very important one as visitors will gain their first impression of an organisation from how they are received. As the receptionist, you are the face of the company. This role is a predominantly an administrative one, and the duties will vary depending on the organisation.
- This course looks at the variety of tasks that a receptionist has to undertake and the skills required. It looks at some qualities of a good receptionist. It also has information about the legislation that a receptionist needs to be aware of, such as laws relating to health and safety.
- Training is given through a filmed tutorial, references to websites for reading and good practice video
- There is suggested extra reading to give both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
- An additional activity encourages the learner to reflect on the learning