This short course offers guidance on how to make the most of your time at work, and outlines the personal benefits of good time management.
- The learner will understand that time management is matter of knowing what needs to be done, knowing the best way of doing it, adapting your behaviour, and being organised
- The learner will understand the benefits of good time management
- The learner will learn about how to minimise interruptions in their work day
- The learner will learn about the need to learn how to prioritise what is important and what is urgent
Advantages of this course:
- Within the workplace, most people know the tasks that need to be completed on a daily basis. However, as we all know, it is very rare that we are able to simply carry out those tasks without interruptions or deviations of any kind. Time management is not a skill, it is a behaviour. It is a matter of knowing what needs to be done, knowing the best way of doing it, adapting your behaviour and being organised.
- You need to plan how you will use your time and focus on what needs doing. Learn how to prioritise what is important and what is urgent.
- This course looks at time management skills, and some of the theories behind them. It has strategies for better time management and also looks at stress management.
- Training is given through a filmed tutorial, references to websites for reading and good practice video
- There is suggested extra reading to give both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
- An additional activity encourages the learner to reflect on the learning