Last Updated: June 29, 2018
This Privacy & Cookies Policy is intended to meet our duties of transparency under the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”.
You have the right under this Privacy and Cookies Policy, and by law if you are within the EU, to:
- Request access to your Personal Data. If you are within the EU, this enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right if you are within the EU to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to processing of your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data. If you are within the EU, we will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent. This right only exists where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data (“Consent Withdrawal”). If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to the certain specific functionalities of our Site. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
We will post any modifications or changes to this Privacy & Cookies Policy on this page.
Exercise your rights.
If you want to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 2620 W 156th Street Gardena CA 90249
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?Information You Provide to Us
Nanny Stella Inc. collects information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use the Services; register or create an account; enroll in one of our loyalty programs; maintain a “wish list”; purchase products or services; request information from us; sign up for our newsletters or email list; enter a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion; fill out a survey; request customer support; or otherwise communicate with or contact us. The information we collect may include your name, physical address, email address, telephone or mobile phone number, date of birth/age, gender, employment history, education, certifications, Nanny Stella Inc. account user name and password, and photograph.
Information You Directly Provide to Us. There are many occasions when you provide information that may enable us to identify you personally (“Personal Data”) while using the Services. The Personal Data we may collect from you is outlined in the table below.
|Category of Personal Data collected||What this means|
|Identity Data||First name, surname, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender, picture, social security number and/or tax identification number, password, copies of ID cards or other forms of identification.|
|Contact Data||Your home address, work address, billing address, email address and telephone numbers.|
|Professional Background Data||Educational and professional history, interests and accomplishments, job and salary preferences, third party recommendations, projects completed, professional resumes and CVs, information about co-workers, your interests in certain job openings, job applications, interviewing information, and hiring results.|
|Online Presence Data||Links to your public account pages at social media websites, links to personal websites, and other online materials related to you.|
|Financial Data||Your bank account and payment card details, statements about your wealth and financial situation.|
|Transaction Data||Any details about payments to and from you and other details of subscriptions and services you have purchased from us. Data in respect of your transactions with third parties (including your credit history).|
|Investment Data||Information about your investment objectives, investment experience, prior investments (on or offline), syndicates or leads backed, backing amounts and preferences, investment amounts and information provided by completing subscription documents for deals closed via the Services. Also included is information about your personal investment entities and their co-owners and beneficiaries, and tax related information in connection with your investments through the Services.|
|Content Data||Any content you post to the Services not already included in another category, including without limitation, your profiles, questions, preference settings, answers, messages, comments, and other contributions on the Services, and metadata about them (such as when you posted them) ( “Content”).|
|Marketing and Communications Data||Your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. If you correspond with us by email or messaging through the Services, we may retain the content of such messages and our responses.|
|Behavioral Data||Inferred or assumed information relating to your behavior and interests, based on your online activity. This is most often collated and grouped into “segments.”|
|Technical Data||Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website or use our services.|
You may also provide us with certain information in connection with specification transactions:
• Information You Provide about a Third Party. If you send someone else a communication through the Sites or Apps, such as an invitation to a friend, the information you provide (e.g., name, e-mail address) will be used to facilitate the communication and will not be used for any other marketing purpose, unless such person registers with us or becomes a customer, we obtain consent from such person, or we explicitly say otherwise at the point of collection.
• Information You Provide Through Social Media. We may also give you the option to link to your Facebook or other social media account through a Site or App. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information about you based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party services. This may include, but may not be limited to, your name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users give us access to their accounts, and information about you (such as the fact that you are “friends”) is otherwise accessible through those accounts.
No Special Categories of Personal Data.
We do not collect any “Special Categories of Personal Data” about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically (such as information to validate or update your address or other demographic and lifestyle information). We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services, or other offers that may be of interest to you, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Sites and Apps, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third-party sources.
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We generally use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with products, information, or services that you have requested or agreed to receive, or when necessary. · To contact you with information, newsletters, and promotional materials from Nanny Stella Inc. or on behalf of our third-party partners and affiliates. · To enable you to participate in a variety of Site and App features, such as sweepstakes, message boards, other communication features, user-generated content functions, and interactive features. · To process your registration and/or enrollment in any loyalty programs, including by verifying that your email address is active and valid. · To review the usage and operations of our Sites and Apps, develop new products or services, and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content, products, and services. · To enhance your online shopping experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Sites or Apps. · To provide you with customized content targeted offers, and advertising on the Sites and Apps, via email, text message, or push notification, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services. · To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes. · To address problems with the Sites and Apps or our business, and to protect the security or integrity of the Sites and Apps and our business, · To use and disclose your credit/debit card information only to process payments and prevent fraud. · To enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms of Service.
Additionally, if you use the Sites or Apps to connect with third-party services, you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third-party services based on your requests. Information collected from our Nanny Intake Form is used for placement opportunities; the information shared with Nanny Stella Inc. may be shared with families that are considering hiring you for employment. Information collected from our Family Intake Form is used for the purpose of finding a service provider that meets the requirements of the job opening you would like to fill, some of the information will be shared with possible service providers and via social media during the recruitment process.
In respect of each of the purposes for which we use your Personal Data, the GDPR requires us to ensure that we have a legal basis for that use if you are within the EU. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your Personal Data only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may also rely on your consent as a legal basis for using your Personal Data where we have expressly sought it for a specific purpose. If we do rely on your consent to a use of your Personal Data, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place). We have set out below, in a table format, more detailed examples of relevant purposes for which we may use your Personal Data.
|Purpose||Why do we do this|
|Providing, updating, and maintaining our Services, Site and business||To deliver the Services you have requested, including, for example, registering you as a user, managing your account and profile, and authenticating you when you log in.
For our talent-related Services, this also includes, for example, surfacing relevant jobs, including you in candidate search results, and effectively matching your skillset and interests with available jobs on the Site.
For our investment related services, this also includes, for example, establishing your eligibility to invest on the Site under applicable laws, third-party contractual obligations and internal policies, surfacing suitable investment products for you on the Site, and providing tax and other investment related reporting for investors.
|Processing investments and payments||To close investments and process payment for any purchases, subscriptions or sales made on our Site, to protect against or identify possible money-laundering or other fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.|
|Research and development||To enable us to improve the Services and better understand our users and the markets in which we operate. For example, we may conduct or facilitate research and use learnings about how people use our Services and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns, areas for additional features and improvement of the Services and other insights. We also test and analyze certain new features with some users before introducing the feature to all users.|
|Communicating with users about the Services||To send communications via email and within the Services, including, for example, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, product updates, security alerts, and administrative, billing and account management related messages. We may also provide tailored communications based on your activity and interactions with us. For example, we may provide you with updates regarding hiring and recruiting related matters, notify you of investment opportunities, and providing information regarding your investments through the Site. These communications are part of the Services and in most cases you cannot opt out of them. If an opt out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself or in your account settings.|
|Providing customer support||To resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, comments and questions, to analyze crash information, to repair and improve the Services and provide other customer support.|
|Enhancing security||To keep our website, our Services and associated systems operational and secure, including, for example, verifying accounts and activity, monitoring and investigating suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of our terms and policies.|
|Marketing, promoting and driving engagement with the Services and third-party products and services||To send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including, for example, by email and by displaying products, investment offerings, job listing, candidates, events, promotions and other information on our Site or other companies’ websites. These communications may be aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of the Services or promoting third-party products and services. You generally can control whether you receive these communications as described in this policy under Marketing Communications Preferences.|
|To comply with applicable law, legal process and regulations and protect legitimate business interests||As we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, order, subpoena, rule of a self-regulatory organization or audit or to protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, such as, for example, in connection with with the acquisition, merger or sale of securities or a business (e.g. due diligence).|
- HOW AND WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION?
We may share the information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers that provide business, professional, or technical support functions for us (including to the extent necessary or desirable to fulfill or ship your order or complete your transaction), help us operate our business and the Sites and Apps, or administer activities on our behalf. We do not authorize these third-party service providers to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Co-Branded Relationships: Certain areas of our Sites and Apps may be provided to you in association with third parties, such as advertisers that provide products and services or rewards programs. We may share information with these third parties if you participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored, or jointly presented promotion, contest, survey, voting feature, or service.
- Select Third Parties: We may share your information with our select partners, affiliates (including affiliates that do and do not bear the Nanny Stella Inc. brand name), and other third parties that we believe may have offers of interest to you.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
If you are a Job Seeker, your information will generally be publicly available, and employers may have access to your Personal Data to assist them in discovering, evaluating and tracking communications with prospective candidates; however, we generally only share your job seeking status, target role and related information with certain NSI clients/ families.
- COOKIES & OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
What are cookies? When you visit the Services, we may send one or more “cookies” – small data files – to your computer to uniquely identify your browser and let NSI help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Site. A cookie may convey anonymous information about how you browse the Services to us so we can provide you with a more personalized experience, but does not collect personal information about you. A persistent cookie remains on your computer after you close your browser so that it can be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.
Log Files: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Services, our servers automatically record certain information your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Clear GIFs Information (Web Beacons): When you use the Services, we may employ clear GIFs (also known as web beacons or tracking pixels) to anonymously track online usage patterns. No Personally Identifiable Information from your NSI account is collected using these clear GIFs. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information collected is used to enable more accurate reporting and make NSI better for our users.
Third Party Services: NSI may use third-party services such as Google Analytics to help understand use of the Services. These services typically collect the information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including cookies and your IP address. They receive this information and their use of it is governed by their respective privacy policies. You can also prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Services by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
Use of Google User Data: If you choose to connect a Google profile to your account, we will access certain information obtained from Google regarding your account. In particular, we may store your name and email address as well as information on the particular profile you connect, including your contacts. This data will only be used by us to provide you with the service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
How can I disable cookies?
You can typically reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings”, “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Services and some features of the Service may not function properly. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Services.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org andwww.youronlinechoices.com.
If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available here. On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
Access to Your Information
Marketing Opt-Out Preferences
We provide our customers with the opportunity to opt out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of a product or service. To opt-out of marketing communications, you may use one of these convenient methods:
- Electronic Promotional Offers. If you do not want to receive marketing emails from us click the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email. You may also opt-out of receiving emails from us by sending us an email at [email protected] with “Do Not Email” in the subject line.
- Direct Mail Promotional Offers. If you do not want us to send you any promotional offers through direct mail, you may email us at [email protected] with “Do Not Mail” in the subject line
- If you do not want to receive marketing phone calls or text messages from us, you may email us at [email protected] with “Do Not Call” in the subject line; call us at NUMBER; inform us that you no longer want to receive calls from Nanny Stella Inc. when you receive a call from us; or reply STOP to a text message from us.
If you receive marketing communications from one or more brands within the Nanny Stella Inc. family of brands, you must opt-out individually from each of the brands from which you are receiving brand-specific marketing communications. Your instructions to limit the use of your information for these purposes will be processed as soon as reasonably practicable. Additionally, we are not responsible for informing third parties (including without limitation our third-party service providers or partners) with whom we have already shared your personal information of any changes requested pursuant to this section. We are also not responsible for revising or removing your Personal Data obtained by any third party who has previously been provided your information by us in accordance with this policy or any third party to whom you have provided such information (whether by sharing your login and password, or otherwise).
5. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected] You must put the statement “Third-Party Marketing Opt-Out” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. Non-affiliated third parties are independent from Nanny Stella Inc., and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
CalOPPA Disclosures: We do not currently respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals that provide a method to opt out of the collection information about users’ activities on the Services and on other websites. If we do so in the future, we will provide relevant information in this Privacy & Cookies Policy.
6. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, LINKS, AND PLUG-INS
7. PUBLIC FORUMS
Any information you may disclose on our Sites or Apps, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on the Sites or Apps or other third-party websites that the Sites or Apps may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. The Services are not intended for children below 16 and NSI does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to register with the Services. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Site. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce our Privacy & Cookies Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information on this Site. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will take steps to remove that information.
- DATA SECURITY
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Services users. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures. When you provide sensitive information (such as credit card information) via the Sites or Apps, we encrypt the transmission of that information using transport layer security technology (TLS).
10. DATA STORAGE
The Services are maintained in the United States of America. Personal Data that you provide us may be stored, processed and accessed by us, our staff, sub-contractors and third parties with whom we share Personal Data in the United States of America or elsewhere inside or outside of the EU for the purposes described in this policy. Although we welcome users from all over the world, by accessing the Services and providing us with your Personal Data, you consent to and authorize the export of Personal Data to the United States and its storage and use as specified in this Privacy & Cookies Policy. Note the laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive or protective as laws in the country where you live.
Because the Services are maintained in the United States of America, we do not transfer your Personal Data from the EU to United States. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US